Skip to main content

There's no power in anger

Anger is one of the easiest ways to channel any other emotion into.

Heartbreak, betrayal or any negative emotion for that matter, it's way easier to just stay angry rather than deal with it. 

It might make you feel better for sometime but not in the longer term. 

Plus on the downside, you get health issues that you didn't ask for - headaches, anxiety, high blood pressure etc.

It's healthier to go through the emotion and be done with it than be angry for years and lose your peace. 

I hear ya, easier said than done but it is much better if you see the effect of it years down the road. 

There is no power in anger! 

The only person that it makes miserable is YOU! 

There's also a time-tested proverb in Tamil that goes,

"ஆத்திரக் காரனுக்கு புத்திமட்டு" 
that translates to anger does not let a man think straight. 

You tend to make rash decisions when you are angry. 

The bottom line is that anger never did anyone any good. NEVER! 

Try not to hold on to it, even if not for the sake of taking the high road but for your peace of mind.



Comments

  1. Anger can be used as a weapon if one learns to control it. But if one fails, then it ends up controlling them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He does not want a Perfectionist.

The time has come to revive the undead... Well, HELLO! There is a high chance that nobody remembers this blog (even I have forgotten, lol). I have been wanting to start blogging again for quite some time now- like the hundred other things I have been  wanting  to do. However, something I came across - which I will share in later blogs - gave me the prompt to put my thoughts into action.  In a time of reflection this morning, I was pondering what went wrong along the way. I used to be able to do things. I used to get work done, but now all I do is cut a sorry figure for myself and self-loathing. One thing that I was able to bring to my attention is that if I do something, I try to do it properly or not do it at all. What seemed like a good habit initially became the very thing that started pulling me down. At first, it made me more conscious of what happens if the things that I drive do not reach a good place. Then Procrastination joined the ride, along with Self-doubt, wh...

A day in the greens

Soothing breeze caressing the face Right through the back of the brain Eyes roll back in calmness Lost in a different world amidst the noises Silhouette of a hill over the horizon Green pastures a treat to the eyes Waves of wind over the yellow gems of rice Sparrows flying across the sky Leaves rustling Birds humming Crows cawing Clouds floating in the sun's red sea While hiding behind it  For us not to see.

Tomorrow never comes!

No one is gonna write your assignment that was given ages ago but you haven't finished it and is due tomorrow. No one is gonna take the trash out that you should have taken two days ago. However long you put it off, you are the one who is gonna clean your room anyway.  Procrastination is a common human trait. Like you might have a quiz competition at church the next Sunday. You are back from work, tired. So you put it off to start studying tomorrow.  Or your once active blog is now slowly dying. You do not want that to happen yet you keep saying to yourself that you will definitely post tomorrow.  Also, look at what happened to Hamlet! One thing that most people fail to understand is that  "Cold water does not get warmer if you jump late"                                                            Procrastination leads t...