Skip to main content

How "removed" from reality are we?

 The "removed form reality" is an intriguing concept that was put forward by the philosopher Plato.

Though he might have given it in the concept of art and poetry, let us give it a current day touchup.

First, think about how much we live in the present and try to answer these questions.

Do we savour the good things in the moment or follow our first instinct, i.e. to take out the mobile phones and capture it?

When you come across a street brawl, is your first instinct to find out what was wrong to help or make it a content for social media?

When you come across an accident (God forbid), do you run to help or run with your mobiles to vlog the help and the scene?

It has even gone to an extent where, some people have even started recording while crying and being upset, to showcase it to the whole world.

What have we become? 

CAN'T WE EVEN JUST BE UPSET WHILE BEING UPSET?

How much have we drowned our ability to just be humans? 

Have we become so insensible to emotions? 

Are we making a fool out of ourselves into believing what is on the screen to be the reality?

Have we entirely "removed" ourselves from the actual world of reality and moved into the digital world?

I leave you to ponder...  




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He does not want a Perfectionist.

The time has come to revive the undead... Well, HELLO! There is a high chance that nobody remembers this blog (even I have forgotten, lol). I have been wanting to start blogging again for quite some time now- like the hundred other things I have been  wanting  to do. However, something I came across - which I will share in later blogs - gave me the prompt to put my thoughts into action.  In a time of reflection this morning, I was pondering what went wrong along the way. I used to be able to do things. I used to get work done, but now all I do is cut a sorry figure for myself and self-loathing. One thing that I was able to bring to my attention is that if I do something, I try to do it properly or not do it at all. What seemed like a good habit initially became the very thing that started pulling me down. At first, it made me more conscious of what happens if the things that I drive do not reach a good place. Then Procrastination joined the ride, along with Self-doubt, wh...

A day in the greens

Soothing breeze caressing the face Right through the back of the brain Eyes roll back in calmness Lost in a different world amidst the noises Silhouette of a hill over the horizon Green pastures a treat to the eyes Waves of wind over the yellow gems of rice Sparrows flying across the sky Leaves rustling Birds humming Crows cawing Clouds floating in the sun's red sea While hiding behind it  For us not to see.

Tomorrow never comes!

No one is gonna write your assignment that was given ages ago but you haven't finished it and is due tomorrow. No one is gonna take the trash out that you should have taken two days ago. However long you put it off, you are the one who is gonna clean your room anyway.  Procrastination is a common human trait. Like you might have a quiz competition at church the next Sunday. You are back from work, tired. So you put it off to start studying tomorrow.  Or your once active blog is now slowly dying. You do not want that to happen yet you keep saying to yourself that you will definitely post tomorrow.  Also, look at what happened to Hamlet! One thing that most people fail to understand is that  "Cold water does not get warmer if you jump late"                                                            Procrastination leads t...