Skip to main content

A little better than yesterday.

 "What is Progress?"

Definitely not easy to answer as it sounds, is it?

Some might say it is improving and scoring good marks

 Some might say it is achieving a higher position at work.

Some might say it is growth in general.

 While they are all correct, I think Progress is getting 'a little better than yesterday' no matter how little.

If you want to start waking up early and if you could wake up five minutes earlier than the previous day- it's a progress

If you want to start eating healthy and try to eat one less samosa than the previous day- it's a progress

If you plan on writing a book and start by writing one page per day- progress

If you aim to clear an exam and you start by studying ten minutes everyday- Yes! It's still making progress.

If you want to lose weight and you eat one less sweet than the previous day- Yeah, progress.

If you want to gain weight and eat a little more protein than the previous day- Yes! Progress! Progress!! Progress!!! 

There are no rules in how big or small progress should be but only that it should be a consistent effort.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He does not want a Perfectionist.

The time has come to revive the undead... Well, HELLO! There is a high chance that nobody remembers this blog (even I have forgotten, lol). I have been wanting to start blogging again for quite some time now- like the hundred other things I have been  wanting  to do. However, something I came across - which I will share in later blogs - gave me the prompt to put my thoughts into action.  In a time of reflection this morning, I was pondering what went wrong along the way. I used to be able to do things. I used to get work done, but now all I do is cut a sorry figure for myself and self-loathing. One thing that I was able to bring to my attention is that if I do something, I try to do it properly or not do it at all. What seemed like a good habit initially became the very thing that started pulling me down. At first, it made me more conscious of what happens if the things that I drive do not reach a good place. Then Procrastination joined the ride, along with Self-doubt, wh...

A day in the greens

Soothing breeze caressing the face Right through the back of the brain Eyes roll back in calmness Lost in a different world amidst the noises Silhouette of a hill over the horizon Green pastures a treat to the eyes Waves of wind over the yellow gems of rice Sparrows flying across the sky Leaves rustling Birds humming Crows cawing Clouds floating in the sun's red sea While hiding behind it  For us not to see.

Tomorrow never comes!

No one is gonna write your assignment that was given ages ago but you haven't finished it and is due tomorrow. No one is gonna take the trash out that you should have taken two days ago. However long you put it off, you are the one who is gonna clean your room anyway.  Procrastination is a common human trait. Like you might have a quiz competition at church the next Sunday. You are back from work, tired. So you put it off to start studying tomorrow.  Or your once active blog is now slowly dying. You do not want that to happen yet you keep saying to yourself that you will definitely post tomorrow.  Also, look at what happened to Hamlet! One thing that most people fail to understand is that  "Cold water does not get warmer if you jump late"                                                            Procrastination leads t...