Skip to main content

Him!

 Love is,

 bursting your favourite crackers (paambu mathrai) found in your 'not-so-little' little brother's cracker box and finally lighting it up with much struggle;

 as you enjoy the tablets burn,  he-as a joke- pours water that puts off the flame, which in turn triggered the childish sense in you and you start fighting him for the same absurd irrational reason,

although it didn't seem like a big deal, for some reason it upset you so bad, which in turn upset him although he doesn't show it- typical brothers 🤷, 

So he takes an umbrella in the drenching rain with his pocket money- which he wouldn't share even under dying circumstances might I add- walks two streets and comes home after half-an-hour with double the amount of the same crackers that upset you;

 It doesn't stop there, despite knowing that you are angry he doesn't give up until literally pulling you out of the bed to burst it;

 You go out and his cycle stands in the place where you were bursting it the first time, he jumps in front before you could say anything and says "iru iru cycle ah na edukuren";

 The wind made it impossible to light a match, so he brings things to cover the air;

 He doesn't leave the place until the tablets dissolved in fire- all the while looking at my face seeing if I was smiling. 

If this isn't Love, I don't know what is.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He does not want a Perfectionist.

The time has come to revive the undead... Well, HELLO! There is a high chance that nobody remembers this blog (even I have forgotten, lol). I have been wanting to start blogging again for quite some time now- like the hundred other things I have been  wanting  to do. However, something I came across - which I will share in later blogs - gave me the prompt to put my thoughts into action.  In a time of reflection this morning, I was pondering what went wrong along the way. I used to be able to do things. I used to get work done, but now all I do is cut a sorry figure for myself and self-loathing. One thing that I was able to bring to my attention is that if I do something, I try to do it properly or not do it at all. What seemed like a good habit initially became the very thing that started pulling me down. At first, it made me more conscious of what happens if the things that I drive do not reach a good place. Then Procrastination joined the ride, along with Self-doubt, wh...

A day in the greens

Soothing breeze caressing the face Right through the back of the brain Eyes roll back in calmness Lost in a different world amidst the noises Silhouette of a hill over the horizon Green pastures a treat to the eyes Waves of wind over the yellow gems of rice Sparrows flying across the sky Leaves rustling Birds humming Crows cawing Clouds floating in the sun's red sea While hiding behind it  For us not to see.

Tomorrow never comes!

No one is gonna write your assignment that was given ages ago but you haven't finished it and is due tomorrow. No one is gonna take the trash out that you should have taken two days ago. However long you put it off, you are the one who is gonna clean your room anyway.  Procrastination is a common human trait. Like you might have a quiz competition at church the next Sunday. You are back from work, tired. So you put it off to start studying tomorrow.  Or your once active blog is now slowly dying. You do not want that to happen yet you keep saying to yourself that you will definitely post tomorrow.  Also, look at what happened to Hamlet! One thing that most people fail to understand is that  "Cold water does not get warmer if you jump late"                                                            Procrastination leads t...